Edit a PDF with Microsoft Word
Using Word, you can now open and edit a PDF file. You’ll do so as you would any other file. To open a PDF file using Word, do the following:
- Click the File menu and choose Open from the left pane.
- At this point, you can use Recent Documents or your system’s folder structure to find the PDF you want to open.
3. Select the file and click Open.
4. When Word displays the informational dialog (See Below), click OK.
5. If Word displays the Protected View bar at the top of the document, click Enable Editing.
6. The image below shows the results of opening a previously blank PDF file and adding a bit of text.
Using Word, you can open and edit the file as you would any other Word file (sort of). As I mentioned earlier, not every format and feature will transfer perfectly, so you’ll want to check the document carefully before saving your changes.
If you require more specific pdf editing capability, please let your onsite IT FOR SCHOOLS technician and we will work with your school business manager to purchase programs such as Adobe Acrobat or Nitro PDF to have a higher tier of pdf structure creation tools for any required staff members.